From your smartphone to calorie counting app- technology is everywhere.
Technology has become an irreplaceable part of entire humanization. It is here to stay and most significantly grow till the end of our planet. It exists because of us and continues to live too because of us.Â
Today, we are going to talk about 5 g technology; what is it, and is it safe?
What is 5g Technology?
5g is the fifth generation of mobile networks, it comes after 1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G networks.
5g is promising a new generation, it will enable everyone to connect virtually and everything including machines, objects and devices. 5g can have following features;
- More reliable,
- Gigantic network capacity,
- Increase availability,
- Better performance,
- Can connect new industries.
How and When Will 5g Technology Affect the Global Business?
Â According to Qualcomm, 5g effect can result in the following;
â€¢ 13.1 Trillion dollars of global economic output
â€¢ $22.8 Million new jobs created
â€¢ $265B global 5G CAPEX and R&D annually over the next 15 years
The impact will be greater than previous networks to conclude, 5g can expand beyond the traditional mobile networks to industries such as the automotive industry.
Is 5g Technology Safe for Us?
Every unknown technology can have two sides- one which is know and other unknown. We will be analysing this by the information we have, so let us start.
In an article, Scientific American, has exposed the 5g technology. Following are some of the main points from the article;
- The adopted research by FCC (Federal Communications Commission) is largely based from the 1980s.
- More than 200 scientists published research on the biological and health effects of nonionizing electromagnetic fields (EMF) which calls for strong exposure limits.
Here is an extract from the appeal;
- The World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)Â classified RFR as “possibly carcinogenic to humans”Â in 2011.Â In 2018, a $30 million study was conducted by the U.S. National Toxicology Program (NTP) which found aâ€œclear evidenceâ€ stating that two years of exposure to cell phone RFRÂ increased cancer in male rats and damaged DNA in ratsÂ andÂ miceÂ of both sexes.
- 5g having short reach will need antennas every 100 to 200 metres, exposing many people. Exposure measuring even short-term can cause â€˜adverseâ€™ physiological effects in the peripheral nervous system, the immune system and the cardiovascular system.
- Long-term exposure to 5g technology may pose health risks to the skin (e.g., melanoma), the eyes (e.g., ocular melanoma) and the testes (e.g., sterility).
Imagine the kind of damage 5g can do to us, we all use cell phones some of us more that others. This is about our health, our children health. How can we be silent and let the 5g technology emerge?
No doubt this technology can create revolution in the way we process and use technology. But at what cost?
Compromising our health is not the right choice. We have to spread the demerits using 5g technology comes with. We cannot sit and view show like a mute audience.
It depends on us as a society what change we are willing to root for? Do we want a dangerous and risk environment for us and our children? Should we listen to the government or corporates or to the doctors who have supported and published the research?
What Kind of Change Are We Willing to Accept?